Llys Raddington Extra Care Scheme in Flint, is a development by Tŷ Glas Housing Society, part of the Pennaf Housing Group, in partnership with the Flintshire County Council. Clwyd Alyn Housing Association will provide the housing management and ancillary services on-site as managing agent for Tŷ Glas Housing Society, whilst Flintshire County Council will take responsibility for the provision of the on-site care, for tenants with an assessed need. Extra Care offers flexibility in the care provided, as the care is tailored towards your individual care and support needs, to help you maintain privacy, dignity, independence and choice.
What is Extra Care?
Extra Care is an innovative concept, where you can experience Independent Living but with the advantage of many important support, care and housing amenities being drawn together in the same complex. The aim is to ensure you are able to remain independent and in control of your life, whilst benefiting from the services and social contact which is available if required.
Extra Care Housing is different to other forms of traditional services for older people because:
- You are living in your own home with a legal form of tenure
- You are not living in a residential home type of environment
- You will have your own front door; you will decide who comes into your home
- Couples and friends can potentially stay together
- There will be a mix of people with different levels of care and support needs
- Care, support and ancillary services are available on site, if you need them
- There will be a Scheme Manager on site to help you manage your tenancy
- You will get support to maintain your independence
- You can join in social activities if you want to
- You will have total control over your finances
- You will have security
- The aim is that an apartment on the scheme becomes a home for life
Each apartment is equipped with the very latest hi-tech Telecare and security system equipment, ensuring that help or assistance is just a touch of a button away. The whole scheme is designed to ‘Secure by Design’ standards to enhance tenant’s sense of security. The aim is to maintain independence as far as possible, backed up by care and support as you need it, to provide peace of mind now and for the future.
For further information about our other schemes: Extra Care Schemes
Tŷ Glas Housing Society and Clwyd Alyn Housing Association are part of the Pennaf Housing Group one of the best established and most respected providers of housing and related services in North Wales. Our approach, developed over many years of working with older people, focuses on individual needs, with care and support to maintain independence privacy, dignity, and choice.
“A comfortable, safe and warm home”. Resident from Llys Eleanor, Extra Care Scheme, Shotton
“Company of people of my own generation but independence and privacy when I need it. This is important to me”. Resident from Llys Eleanor, Extra Care Scheme, Shotton